»Download Community Projects
Packer has a vibrant community of contributors who have built a number of great tools on top of Packer. There are also quite a few projects demonstrating the power of Packer templates.
The plugins listed below have been built by the community of Packer users and vendors. These plugins are not officially tested nor officially maintained by HashiCorp, and are listed here in order to help users find them easily.
To learn more about how to use community plugins, or how to build your own, check out the docs on extending Packer
If you have built a plugin and would like to add it to this community list, please make a pull request to the website so that we can document your contribution here!
Exoscale builder - A builder to create Exoscale custom templates based on a Compute instance snapshot.
UpCloud builder - A suite of Packer plugins for provisioning Upcloud servers.
Comment Provisioner - Example provisioner that allows you to annotate your build with bubble-text comments.
Windows Update provisioner - A provisioner for gracefully handling windows updates and the reboots they cause.
- Exoscale Import post-processor - A post-processor to import Exoscale custom templates from disk image files.
bento - Packer templates for building minimal Vagrant base boxes
boxcutter - Community-driven templates and tools for creating cloud, virtual machines, containers and metal operating system environments
packer-build - Build fresh Debian and Ubuntu virtual machine images for Vagrant, VirtualBox and QEMU
packer-windows - Windows Packer Templates
packer-baseboxes - Templates for packer to build base boxes
cbednarski/packer-ubuntu - Ubuntu LTS Virtual Machines for Vagrant
geerlingguy/packer-ubuntu-1604 - Ubuntu 16.04 minimal Vagrant Box using Ansible provisioner
jakobadam/packer-qemu-templates - QEMU templates for various operating systems
- lucidone/baseliner - Example of using QEMU + Ansible with Packer
- packer-config - a Ruby model that lets you build Packer configurations in Ruby
- racker - an opinionated Ruby DSL for generating Packer templates
- packerlicious - a python library for generating Packer templates
- packer.py - a python library for executing Packer CLI commands